Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

It's that time of year again! Time for pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie...yeah, I am all kinds of obsessed with pumpkin everything each fall!

I have been baking and cooking up a storm lately. I was trying to find a bread recipe to try out and then decided to try to find a pumpkin bread recipe. I looked at a couple of recipes and formed my own based on what I had in hand. Here is what I came up with and it was delicious! Very moist, with just enough flavor and sweetness. It was awesome with some melted butter...so yum!

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

1 and a 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup olive oil(Bertollis Classico)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.

2. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.

3. Combine the dry ingredients with the ingredients you mixed in step 2. Mix until the batter is pretty smooth.

4. Pour into a well-buttered (I used the Pam baking spray) 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick tested in the center comes out clean. Let it cool down a bit, then remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack.

We ate ours once it cooled down a bit but was still warm enough to melt the butter.

Hope you guys enjoy and please let me know how yours turns out if you try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment