Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Craft-Wooden Sign

I have been try to tackle small projects for the house that I have had on my to-do list for awhile. One of the projects, was to create a sign for the wall space I have between the living room window and a bookshelf.

I have been trying to incorporate twine and burlap into the decor downstairs and wanted to find a way to incorporate the twine into the sign. We have a natural theme going on. The prominent colors are brown and green, with black accents. In addition to the burlap and twine, I also have moss rocks used in some accent pieces. I will do a post soon so you can get an idea of the space.

I bought an unfinished wooden sign for 8 dollars and I bought wooden letters for $1.50 a piece. I already had the twine and paint on hand. I wrapped each letter in the twine, using a hot glue gun. I painted the sign black, and distressed the edges. I used hot glue again, to glue the letters to the sign. Easy peasy!

The sign color and distressing, matches another sign we have in the living room, so they really work well together in the space.




2 comments: