Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Makeup Storage Solution

I wanted to share the way I organize my makeup and other bathroom items.

Let me start off by saying that I don't have to share my bathroom with my husband. I swear, i think separate bathrooms make for a happy marriage! No bickering about toilet seats left up or that the toothpaste cap wasn't put back on. I also was able to decorate it as girly as I wanted :)

I use Bare Minerals makeup, which I absolutely love.  I have a decent collection of the stuff, which used to be stored in a makeup bag.  I was tired of digging through the bag, trying to find the right eye shadow.  I found this cute jewlery organizer at Tuesday Morning.



 The Bare Minerals makeup fits in perfectly and it makes finding the right colors a breeze!  I actually organize the colors by the combinations I usually use.  On the other side, I have me other makeup that I don't use too often.  This way of organizing freed up much needed counter and under the sink space.



In my bathroom, I also have a small shelf that I bought a few years back.  I hung my makeup organizer there.  On the top of the shelf, I have a few glass jars to store cotton balls, q-tips and hair ties.  I have a large jar up there too that has some Potpourri.  I am planning on dumping that out soon and storing my nail polishes in it instead.







Below the shelf and makeup organizer, I have a table.  Yup, you heard right.  I have a table in my bathroom.  This table use to be a hideous computer table that I decided to give a new life.  I was originally going to finish it to sell, but liked it so much that I wanted to find somewhere to keep it.  It ended up in my bathroom and I absolutely love it!  My counter is so small and I don't have a lot of storage space in the bathroom under the sink.  This table gives me additional space to lay out makeup, hair brushes or whatever else I need when I get ready.  I have a small basket on the top of the table to hold my perfumes and small odds and ends I want handy.  On the bottom shelf of the table,  have two medium sized baskets with lids.  Those baskets hide away my bath products and hair stuff.






Here a few of the other fun decorations or organization things I have around my bathroom. I didn't have my shower curtain up, or I would have given a full picture of the whole room. I will try to get one soon and add it.








1 comment:

  1. WOW you have been busy! YOu should remove the captia option from your comments - when I removed mine I started getting lots of comments. Just got to your settings/options in blogger and you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete