Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yarn wrapped wreaths with felt rosettes

Happy New Year! I don't do the whole New Years Resolution thing, so you won't have to skip right over that stuff just to get to the good parts for this post.I have been itching to get my hands into a new project. I really wanted to redo some more furniture and try my hand at using chalk paint, but I couldn't find anything I liked (and cheap) on Craigslist. A few weeks passed, and I was beginning to go stir crazy, so I decided to go make an AC Moore run and get supplies to make a yarn wreath.

I am so happy with the final product and cannot wait to make some more! They take some time to do, but are super easy and inexpensive. I didn't take pictured as I made it, so I won't put a tutorial together yet. I will try to do one in about a week though to show how to make the wreath as well as the rosettes.

Here is a picture of the finished product. I took it with my iPad so the quality and colors are awful. The yearn was this pretty teal color. I used white and teal felt for the rosettes and added a few silver berries. I want to find a cute birdie or the word welcome to it but am waiting until I find the right thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment