Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

When I write...

When I write, I am always so critical of myself. I know I make errors with the grammar and spelling. I also know sometimes, what I write doesn't flow as well as I want it to. I often find myself over thinking, instead of just letting the writing happen. Sometimes, I wish I could just think all of these thoughts I have inside of my head and find them magically written down on my iPad later. Maybe technology will get there one day but, for now, I will just have to keep typing my thoughts down myself.

I have tried to start blogs in the past, but never stuck to writing posts for more than a few weeks. For whatever reason, I have managed to run this one for about six months now. I am proud of myself for sticking around this time. I wanted to start this blog for a few reasons...

1. To have an outlet
2. To share some of the things I have created
3. To have something to look back on from this time in my life
4. To become a better writer

Number four was my main reason for writing this blog. I have written (well I always start writing) stories. I am decent, but not great. I would find myself getting discouraged quickly, and give up. I know great writers practice every single day. I may not ever become great at writing, even if I practice every day until I die, but at least I will continue to improve.

Since starting this blog, I have had several occasions where I considered posting some of the stories I have started. I can't ever seem to bring myself to do it though; I enjoy it too much and am not ready to be heavily critiqued.

I don't often share my blog on my Facebook page. I like it being a little hidden from the world. I have some craft projects that make their way around Pinterest, but for the most part, these personal posts stay pretty much unseen. It is kind of weird, because as much as I love this blog feeling so personal, I also want people to read it to. I also want to wake up in the morning and be one of those bloggers who finds new comments to approve. I know, it is a bit of a contradiction...wanting it to be a secret, while also having a fan base. When I really enjoy doing something though, it is hard for me to share it with others. When I share, I open myself up to criticism and I would much rather just enjoy the process. Throughout the last few months, I have been feeling more confident with my writing.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read any of these posts that aren't the crafty ones you found on Pinterest and those who do take the time to comment <3

No comments:

Post a Comment